Saturday 15 June 2013

Things That Make Me Smile

Everyone deserves happiness, everyone. But sometimes times I feel a little down, so I decided to make a list of all the things that never fail to make me smile.
My friend Eilidh is doing the same so go check out hers too!

The first thing on my list is Vince Kidd. If you don't know who Vince is a. I am shocked and b. I feel sorry for you. This man is my life, no one understands my love for him but it doesn't matter because I do. He was on the voice in 2012 and is now signed to Island Records and has released two EP's, a single and is to release his debut album this year. Without realising it, the moment Vince stepped on that stage on The BBC Voice he became a hero and role model for a lot of people, especially misfits. With his bleach blonde hair, leather jeans and baggy tie dye vest he wasn't exactly "bbc" but he was DEFINITELY perfect. His voice is to die for and his lyrics mean so much. He stands for all the right things but deffo ain't boring. This man is such a darling to all his fans, in fact once I had had an awful day so Vince took the time  to phone me and cheer me up, now you don't get that from just any signed singer! He seemed to understand me so well, told me to be proud of who I was and love the things and the people I love and not care what anyone else thinks. Just to have that advice from the one person you idolize most is almost life changing. So when ever I'm down I'll pop on some good old Vincey K and there will soon be a smile on my face! Check him out here.


The next thing on my list has to be books. I really can't help the fact that I am a MASSIVE book worm, writing and reading go hand in hand I guess. Books are just great, if ever I need to escape from my hectic life a book is the best way to do it, I find it so easy just to slip into a book and forget the outside world completely, I love it. Not just that but I am always looking for inspo on things to write about and books help loads. I know people who have never read a whole series of books, I even had a couple of friends who suddenly announced to me that they had never finished reading a single book, WHAT?! I'm sorry to say but those friendships did not last long! Just everything about books, book shops and libraries excites me, I don't even care how sad that sounds, it's true. Honestly, if you are well read there is far more chance of us becoming friends and if you work in a book shop, can we be bestos? *puppy eyes*


Music. Sorry to have such a broad category but I just adore music in general. I don't have a music taste. I love everything, well almost everything apart from the generic music Xfactor churns out, like Cher Lloyd and One Direction *waits for a whole lot of abuse from directioners*
I'm not one of those people who like any music that's in the charts at the moment nor do I limit myself to one genre, I just love music, I don't know where I would be if I couldn't hear. I can't help but grin from ear to ear when ever I hear a song I like!

Manchester. I'm not crazy I promise, but that city makes me smile! It's so diverse and exciting. I love the fact that you will be walking down a really shady looking alley way and suddenly you'll come across a super cool cafe with graffitied walls or bowler hat lamp shades! I also have an obsession for designer toys (like Ugly Doll, Blythe and Mind Style) and there are some great independent stockists in Manchester. They also have some of my favourite chains like Pylones and Wagamama. But the cherry on the cake for Manchester is deffo "Afflecks" a crazy multiple story indoor market place (Like ASOS market place but crammed into one building!!!!) for anything from beads to bralets, from vintage to velvet, from perfume to piercings, from top hats to tattoos. You haven't lived unless you've been to Afflecks! Find them here.

There are a lot more things that make me smile, but I think that's a good starting point!

  

1 comment: